Friday, November 11, 2016

Letter Journal Swap - Part 1 & 2 - My Book Covers and Inside Page

I am part of a letter journal swap with a group of 5 ladies.  I create the book, do the front and back covers, and one set of pages inside the book.  I then mail it to the next person in the list, who then creates a set of pages inside and mails it to eh next to create a set, and do forth until it comes back to me.  I in turn also receive a book from each of thee ladies where I create art inside and mail to the next person.  This is a fun way to to a chain letter, instead it is a chain journal!  Here is my book with my page inside complete.


Here is also a video of how I created this book and the blue pages above.


Here are some up close shot of the page.



Supplies For Blue Bliss Page
Paper - Printer Paper & Making Memories
Ink - Brutus Monroe
Angel Stamp - Brutus Monroe
Mists - Tattered Angels
Background Stamps - Paper Wings Productions
Sequins
Stencils - Tim Holtz & Prima
Mediums - Prima & 13 Arts
Foil Paper - Rinea
Pens - Copic & Faber-Castell
Washi Tape - Eyelet Outlet
Dies - Heidi Swapp & MFT
Cutter - Cuttlebug
Glue & Finish - Beacon Adhesives

The next part that I completed in my book before mailing it off to the next person in line is the front and back covers.  The front cover is mine to create how I wish, the back cover has the addresses of all those in the journal swap so it is easy for the next person in line to send along.


I had fun with this cover and played with the color yellow and a splatter and paint drip technique with straws.  It is fun to get messy with paints!!  Here is my video on how I created the front cover and back covers, plus how I finished off the binding.


Here are some up close pictures of the book.


I just love how the paints drip down from the word "ART".


Now I just need to wait for my book to make the rounds to the other 4 ladies before coming back to me!!  Stay tuned for more!!

Supplies Used for Covers
Paper - Printer Paper & Making Memories
Ink - Brutus Monroe

Mists & Paints - Tattered Angels
Background Stamps - Paper Wings Productions

Pen - Copic
Sticker - Momenta
Twine - Prima

Sealant - Mod Podge
Glue - Beacon Adhesives

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...