Friday, September 11, 2015

Magnetic DIY Dress Up Doll Kit **Deflecto**

We went o visit my MIL last weekend and my daughter was playing with this wooden toy.  It was a bear that you could change out the head, body, and feet to dress it up they way you wanted.  I have seen other toys like this, even apps that you dress up a doll and such.  My daughter loves them.  That is when the light bulb hit, why can't I make one?  Use a stamp on a magnetic sheet and cut out the dress parts for my daughter to play with, perfect!!



I have the amazing Craft Magnetic Sheets from Deflecto.  They are so easy to cut with sicissors, and have this amazing white front, that was super easy to stamp on.

How to Make your Own Magnetic Dress Up Doll Activity 

1) Cut a rectangle from the Deflecto Magnetic Craft Sheet (with my paper trimmer it was a breeze).  Mine was 7.5" x 5.5".  The magnetic sheets come as 8" x15".

http://www.deflecto.com/products/pc/Craft-Magnetic-Sheet-185p1034.htm#.VfL7dJefV_Q
2) Stamp 1 of each doll stamp (mine were from Prima) with StazOn ink in black (so it will not smear) and mount it to a thick chipboard for stability, mine had a golden front to it already.

3) Cut out a magnetic sheet section for the bottom to hold the extra "clothes".  Mine was 5.5" x  2.5" and mount it below the stamped doll images (you could also just make you sheet longer (9.5" x 5.5"), but did not think of that until after).   I used Beacon 3 in 1 glue to mount them to the board.
4) Stamp extra of the dolls shoes, skirt, tops, heads, etc (you do not have to stamp the entire body, just sections with the left over magnetic sheets.
5) Color in the clothes.  Change it up for variety.  I let me daugther help me pick out the colors.  I used Copics, Bic Mark-its, and Spectrum Nior markers so they would not smear (sharpies smear).


6) Cut out the doll section (head, skert, shoes, tops) with your scissors.  The picutre above shoes the back sides of the cut outs.  
7) You can also see I took some small flowers and glued the extra magnetic pieces left from cutting out the dress parts and gluing them to the back to make pretty flowers she can add to the dolls.


8) My daughter wanted to add in pretty sparkles to the flowers and the shoes, so we pulled out some little pearl and rhinestone stickers and she had some fun!

You can dress these dolls up in any way you want.  I only made a couple of each dress part, but if she looses the parts, then we just stamp, color, and cut out some more for her!!  Super easy to make replacement parts!!


I love to make things for my kids from my crafty supplies, even better then they get involved in the process.  It was her idea to make the green hair and why there is so much pink and purple on everything!!



Supplies Used
Stamp - Prima
Markers - Copic & Bic & Spectrum Noir
Adhesive - Beacon
Pearls/jewels - BoBunny
Flowers - Prima
Enjoy!!


1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...