Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Easter Candy Jar **Die-Namites Dies & ScrapPlezier**

We are doing a secret sister gift exchange for a Mommy group I belong to; give a fun surprise to a fellow mom each week for a month to brighten her day.  I found out her favorite chocolate (peanut butter Easter eggs), so created a fun little candy jar made from a re-purposed BBQ jar (I always keep my glass jars for fun little projects like these).



I used the wonderful Spring Eggs die cut from Die-Namites Dies,  it is just perfect for those Easter cards, decorations, or gifts.  

http://www.die-namites.com/Spring-Eggs_p_159.html


I used the die 3 times in my Cuttlebug with the A, B, and C plates, 1 in the peach color cardstock, 1 in the hot pink, and 1 in cream for the front of the jar.  I used the cut out sections to fill in the parts of the egg to make it looked more decorated.  I also used a dark brown cardstock and cut it out in the egg shape to back each egg, so there appears to be 4 colors per egg.  I wrapped the entire container in Kaisercraft Pennyroyale collection papers, they have such wonderful patterns that matched the idea of the eggs, and I just matched the cardstock to them.

*******************************************************************
  
THIS MONTH'S DARE IS TO USE A CUT OUT!
  1. Use at least one Die~Namites Die in your creation.
  2. Use the SKETCH! It can be interpreted (loosely or exactly) as a card, layout or altered piece!
  3. Incorporate the DARE into your creation.
  4. Mention the Die~Namites Die you used in your blog post.
  5. Link back to the Die~Namites Die.
  6. You have until the last day of the month to post your creation on your blog and link up to this post.  **PLEASE add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog.*
Each participant will receive one entry into our random drawing
for each entry into the challenge.

 A random winner will be chosen from eligible participants for a
$25 Gift Certificate to Die~Namites Dies.
 ******************************************************************* 

I used the wonderful Die-Namites March Sketch and Dare as my inspiration for the design of the center of the jar.  The Dare is to use a cut out, so I placed some of the cut out sections back inside the die cut eggs.


I used one run of the die cut in the peach and cut out just one egg and filled it in with the cream extra bits so it would fit on the top of the jar.  I used some self adhesive pearls to add a fun little touch, and then wrapped everything with some twine around the lid and the eggs in the middle.


All the wonderful pattered papers, cardstock, twine, pearls, Cuttlebug plates, and inks can be found at the amazing ScrapPlezier store - plus don't forget the great challenges they have!!


http://scrapplezier.blogspot.com/


Supplies Used
Cardstock - Bazzill - ScrapPlezier
Patterned Paper - Kaisercraft - ScrapPlezier
Jute - ScrapPlezier
Cuttlebug Accessories -  ScrapPlezier
Pearls - Kaisercraft -  ScrapPlezier
Ink- Ranger -  ScrapPlezier
Dies - Die-Namites
Adhesive - Xyron

 Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...