Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Merry Christmas Tag **The Art Studio @ SNR and Off the Rails Scrapbooking**

It is always fun to make a tag, it is a small mini project where you can try out something new, and if you mess up no biggie make a new one.  The other wonderful thing about tags is you can use them; give them on gifts (Christmas and birthday are always useful), used instead of cards, or just something fun to prop up next to your computer for some inspiration!!


I went for a shabby chic, evergreen, winter white feel to the tag, I tried to give it a rustic feel plus I wanted to try out some gel medium I just got, and the best time to play is with a tag!!


First I started out with a die cut doily from a book (encyclopedia actually) and glued it to the tag off to the left and wrapped around to the back, it is off center. 


I found this plastic raised star rubbing template in my kids crafts, it is used to make rubbings from crayons onto paper.  I thought it would make a good mold for the gel medium.  I added a smear of gel medium to the top right down and pressed the star template into the paste.  It gave it wonderful bumps and ridges plus a few distinct stars.  After it dried sprayed the entire tag with various green mists made from gelato (super easy take a bit of gelatos and mix it in water to make a spray) and a bronzer gelato mist.    


                                                                              

 Once the mist dried I rubbed a a few dark green and brown colors of gelatos (straight front the tube with my finger) across the top of the bumps and ridges of the dried modeling paste to create contrast.


I then added in a wonderful vine, some glittery leaves, sentiment, and a cute little cutout of an ornament from acetate (transparency paper).

Head on over to The Art Studio @ SNR to see more wonderful tags the rest of December and don't forget you can enter into the brand new challenge site of OFF THE RAILS SCRAPBOOKING with the challenge theme of acetate (transparency paper).


Supplies Used
Tag - Recollections
Die cut - Fancy Pants
Patterned Paper - Fancy Pants
Flowers - Prima
Leaves - Recollections
Transparency - Fancy Pants
Ribbon -May Arts
Ink - Ranger
Mists -Faber-Castell
Mediums - Liquitex and Faber-Castell
Rubbing Template - dollar store

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...